Heat guns are the Swiss-Army Knives of electric tools. Heat gun uses are unlimited, but to demonstrate how multitalented heat guns are, we compiled a list some of our favorite heat gun uses.·
- Paint stripping – When your wood’s paint job has seen better days, heat guns are great alternatives to using harsh chemicals to remove the paint.
- Soften tile for easy cutting and forming – By running a heat gun on the backside of a vinyl tile, cutting and shaping the tile becomes a breeze.
- Drying paint or wet wood – The saying “time is money” couldn’t be truer. There is no reason to watch the paint dry with a heat gun present.
- Shaping and molding PVC – When you need to make PVC pliable, a heat gun does the job beautifully.
- Loosen rusty bolts – Heat gun uses make our lives easier, and this application is no exception. Hot air is a miracle worker when it comes to rusty screw connections you can’t get undone.